Pages

Friday, December 19

Bye, frizzy hair



I have to gush a little. My hair has recently been very frizzy with flyaways and more split ends than usual. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't calm down, and I read something in a magazine about how winter brings dry hair, which can lead to all of my hair problems. I decided that a little extra care should probably be taken for my hair. I condition every day, but it didn't seem like that was doing the trick. I dye it, blow dry it, straighten it, and do very little in the way of heat protection, so I figured I probably needed something to fill in the gaps. 

Last night I was at Target (shopping for everything and anything, as I always do at Target) and wandered down the hair care aisle. I love how they carry the salon brands that are a little higher quality than your average. Seeing a sale tag on one of the displays, I went to take a look. Umberto products had pretty low prices to begin with, and they were on sale for buy-one-get-one-half-off with amazing reviews online. All of that taken into consideration, I decided to go for it and get a couple of products to see what it would do to help. 

I went home and decided to go for it: I put the Repair Treatment Masque ($10) on after shampooing, brushed it through, threw my hair up into a bun and let it sit for about 10 minutes, because I'm impatient. (The label said 10-20 minutes.) After rinsing, I could already tell that my hair was a lot softer than it was previously. After towel drying, I applied the Blow Dry Lotion ($10) and went to town with my ceramic blow dryer. And can I just say, the results were amazing!

Where my hair was previously flat and frizzy, it was now shining and voluminous. Not to mention, the smell of the products is amazing. I felt like I had just returned from the salon! For a girl who has never been crazy about using a million products, I'm definitely sold on spending a little to take care of my hair. 




What is a hair product that you swear by?

XO
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!