Traditional furniture stores can be very expensive, especially when you're looking to furnish a new apartment, or stay under a certain budget. If every piece of furniture is $500, you could be left with your head spinning! Enter the HEMNES collection from IKEA.
I really love the classic shape of this furniture, and how nice it looks even up close. I've had the HEMNES bed frame for about two years now. It has endured two moves, having an air mattress instead of a real mattress for months (college problems, right?), and it has still held up after being taken apart and put back together. I'm really impressed, especially with the inexpensive price tag. With that, I'm starting to think about how to decorate a new apartment by incorporating my bed, and I realized that the HEMNES line extends far past bed frames!
I love the shape of the furniture, but the dark knobs don't appeal to me much. I think some bright gold would do a lot to make these fit into a bright room!
BEFORE
Nightstand $100
Dresser $230
Desk $279
AFTER
Glinted Prism Knob $8 x 2 = $16
NIGHTSTAND TOTAL: $116
Barrel Oval Knob $5 x 8 = $40
Byzantine Knob $10 x 4 = $40
DRESSER TOTAL: $310
Glinted Prism Knob $8 x 2 = $16
Rose Knob $5 x 1 = $5
DESK TOTAL: $300
P.S. If you're looking for cute decorative storage, check out this KVARNVIK box with lid for $17!
XO
Amanda



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!