Pages

Friday, September 12

Basic black bests

Sometimes you have to splurge a little for the basics, and you certainly don't want to skimp on your black pieces in your closet. A perfect black shoe will be necessary for the rest of your life, and leggings will be your friend through the fall and winter. While I love a great deal, I also think it's important to spend a little extra on the really important staples that you'll use over and over again.

See my very favorite brands for the best basic black necessities!


PUMPS
Cole Haan, $298 $165
I fell in love with Cole Haan the moment I put on the Violet Pumps (beloved, but they're mostly sold out) in Woodbury. The classic light brown is a great color for fall, but nothing can replace a perfect black shoe. Enter the Chelsea Pump. The slight platform and easy 3½ inch heel make these great for work or play.


LEGGINGS
left to right: J.Crew, $98; J.Crew Factory, $85 $45

I've mentioned these before, and I'll definitely mention them again. The perfect ponte black legging-pant hybrid is here. The J.Crew Pixie Pant ($98) has an elastic waist band with a zipper in the back, and thick, durable stretch ponte fabric to keep everything smooth and comfortable. If this is a little out of your price range, the J.Crew Factory Gigi Pant ($85 $45) is a great alternative.


BLOUSE
Theory, $225 $102
Nothing can quite replace a perfect black silk blouse in your wardrobe. When you get that amazing patterned skirt, or want to keep it simple in black and white, a black blouse is your best friend. For work or play, you're going to want one of these in your closet. I love Theory for quality basics.


BAG
Kate Spade New York, $398 $179
The easiest bag you can get is a nice leather tote. It's big enough to carry everything you need, but it's slim so it won't get in your way or be a hassle to carry. I love Kate Spade New York for bags, and this Kirk Park Britain is a great choice (and it's on sale!). The first one I bought was the Bow Terrace Fulton in black, and this is a close match.


XO
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!