It's no secret that I'm extremely excited to have a place of my own. While it is fun having roommates, it will also be nice to have a place that I can decorate from the ground up! One room I'm especially excited to decorate is my own kitchen.
I don't cook a ton; I do, however, like to mess around in the kitchen and try new things in the hopes of being a better chef. I've found that my most successful meals are usually my first attempts at making something new, so experimenting is my favorite! Whether it's making a gourmet meal for Eric and I, mixing up some yummy cocktails or just setting the table to eat take-out on, the kitchen is one of my favorite places to spend time. In any home, this room always ends up being the central gathering place, and I want to decorate as such. See a few of my picks for tabletop, stovetop and bartop!
I think placemats are a great way to add a little something special to a place setting. Topping the table off with shiny candlesticks will make for an elegant look and feel! Don't forget to plug the wine bottle with an adorable wine stopper.
If anything, I am best at baking. Casseroles and meats, cakes and sweets; baking is my specialty. That being said, I'm always trying to learn new ways of preparing food. I want to dig into Julia Child's cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, for a challenge. (Make sure to keep your clothes clean with an apron - love this one from Williams-Sonoma!)
I can't wait to have a bar cart, filled with fun glasses and fancy liquor. But for now, I have no room for all that. A great tray filled with a few bottles and glasses can make for a cute (but space-efficient) look! I love crystal decanters; they make everything look a little fancier, and they make me feel like I'm in Mad Men. Keep your wine cool and your bottles empty with these great pieces from Crate & Barrel.
XO
Amanda



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!