Pages

Thursday, July 3

When did vacation get so stressful?

Does everyone else hate packing as much as I do? No matter how I roll my clothes, how I squish them into my bag, they never really fit like I want them to... That could be because I'm a chronic over-packer, but that's a story for another day.

I constantly feel like I'm forgetting something, even with my lists upon lists of day-to-day outfit planning. Despite the fact that I'll be at the beach, so probably living in a bikini the entire time, I still feel the need to pack every dress, pair of shorts and tank I own. I bring eight pairs of shoes, only to realize once I get there that all I really need are my flip flops. 

This year, I'm going to try to do it right. Keep it simple, pack light, and prepare to relax with the necessities!





Kate Spade New York Horseshoe Cove Magazine Tote $348 $170
I love this bag so much; I've been dreaming of taking it to the beach! The dipped bottom makes it more water-resistant, and it'll be perfect to carry my beach towel and a good book. (There's a similar one at Kate Spade right now: the Lott Street Francis. Only $80 with code MORESALE!)

J.Crew Textured Summer Straw Hat $35 $25 $15
I bought this a couple of summers ago from the Factory store, and it's such a staple on the beach. I'm all about sun protection, and this does a great job of covering up your face and shoulders when you need a break from the sunshine.

Lilly Pulitzer Lobstah Roll Koozie $6
Because who wants to get stuck on a hot beach with a lukewarm drink? These koozies are adorable and will help keep your drinks cool all day long.

Keeping your skin safe in the sun can be a bother, so I like to start my long days in the sun with a moisturizer with SPF so I start the day off right. (Though it's always good to reapply!)

Amazon Kindle $89
You can carry as many books as you can without adding to the weight of your bag! I love having this to be able to sit back and relax after some ocean time. 

J.Crew Sailor-Stripe Banded French Top $52 and Shrunken Lowrider $44
I'm in love with the cut of this suit. I bought it in the Liberty Katie Ann print (top and bottom), but they're selling out fast! I highly recommend getting it in another print, like this adorable sailor-stripe.


Oh, and don't forget shades:

  
Elizabeth and James $265 $53Warby Parker $95 | Sperry Top-Sider $119 $33



XO
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!