It doesn't take much to take a day from ordinary to extraordinary. I'm learning that slowly as I navigate my way through the world, seeing how much one little splurge can brighten my day! And sometimes, I really need it.
The last few weeks at work have been the busiest yet. I've only been at my job for about seven months, and I feel pretty comfortable in my work and my environment now. However that doesn't mean we don't (often) get overwhelmed with deadlines. With the most work we've ever had, it was hard to have a good day. Being stressed out about one thing often takes over into other parts of your life, and it can be hard to wrap your head around the fact that when you leave work, you can stop thinking about work!
At the hope of keeping a little bit of sanity in my days, I liked to look forward to little bits of happy. Whether it was treating myself to a manicure or buying myself an iced coffee, it helps to give myself rewards that brightened my day. I think it's a great thing to try to do - and it doesn't need to be expensive, or cost money at all! Here are my favorite day-brighteners:
It's just nice having your nails done, isn't it? If you have to type all day, might as well have a beautiful manicure to look at. Whether you paint them yourself or go to the salon, it's some nice me-time.
Whether it's Dunkin', Starbucks, or your very own Keurig coffee that you crave, a little caffeine boost certainly never hurt anyone. Plus, it's a tiny splurge - everyone can spare $3 every now and then!
Maybe this is a shopaholic thing, but I just love going shopping. Even if I don't buy a single thing, it's great getting to be in the store surrounded by pretty things. On the way to my apartment, I pass a Loft. After a long day of work, sometimes it's nice to stop in to see what's new (and maybe pick up a great clearance piece!).
![]() |
| Get this print here, via illustrationsbyaimee! |
Whether it's a meal, a movie, or a quick chat, meeting up with a friend always makes my day a little better. You get to catch up on each other's lives, and it gives you time to vent if you need it! No time to meet up? Sometimes a phone call will do the trick just the same.
xo
Amanda





No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!