Pages

Monday, June 9

Celebrating dad



From the day your born, your dad is there for you. Cleaning up after you, changing your diapers, helping you learn. As you get a little older, his role only becomes bigger and more important - whether it's making boyfriends nervous or helping you learn how to drive. Sometimes you can see the significance at the time, sometimes not so much.

I remember that as a teenager, I didn't argue with my parents often, but the one thing I fought against til the death was my curfew. My dad was strict about my 11:00 curfew every night until I went to college. It couldn't have frustrated me more - "All of my friends stay out later, why can't I!"

But as I get older, I start to see how lucky I am to have parents who care as much as they do. Knowing how hard they worked to keep me happy and safe, and seeing how lucky I am to have that. I feel very fortunate to be where I am, and I know that was in huge part because of my supportive, amazing parents.

With that being said, I love to celebrate Mother's and Father's Day. My parents truly deserve a day to feel special and thanked, and I'm here to make it happen. That being said, fathers are definitely not often easy to shop for, and mine is no exception. I wanted to round up the coolest gifts to help celebrate the dad in your life! I think it's best to stick to the classics - any guy can appreciate a great watch, tie or wallet!


Arrow Tie Clip | $50

Dress up any suit with a simple, fun tie clip.

English Wool-Silk Tie | J.Crew | $70 $60 $36

The color of this tie will go great with any suit, and it's just classic enough for your dad to love, too.

Michael Kors 'Gage' Chronograph Watch | Nordstrom | $225 $169

The classic combination of a silver watch with a tan leather strap makes for an instant classic - your dad will be wearing this one for years. 

Ray-Ban 'Classic Wayfarer' | Nordstrom | $155 $117

Who doesn't love Wayfarers? (Especially at this price.)

Whale Repp Magnetic Money Clip | Brooks Brothers | $38 $27

Wallets can get bulky. This money clip is perfect for keeping just the necessities.

Leather Duffel | Banana Republic | $325 $244

Whether dad is traveling to see you, or going away on business, help him do it in style.


xo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!