Pages

Friday, March 14

I like the way you work it

I'm almost at my five-month anniversary of starting my first real job. I can hardly believe it, seeing as how I slaved over job applications for months, worried about finding my way, and thought I would never be so lucky as to get a job I loved.

I did not fall into the exact field I thought I would start with, but I am learning that it was a good thing. I could have held out for a job in public relations and kept working a part-time job and put off the inevitable real-world job. It would have been easy enough to be closed-minded and wait for what I thought was the "perfect" opportunity. But now, after working for a few months and getting a feel for a new field, I'm really starting to like it. It isn't that I didn't think I would like my company or my job, but I had a vision of what I would be doing post-graduation, and my daydreams were not coming together as planned. I think it was a really important lesson for me to learn, and it's a realization that many others will have as well. You can't control everything.

You can't even control most things.You can hope and wish all you want, but sometimes, you have to go with the flow! I did not end up doing anything close to what I thought I would be doing post-graduation, but it turned out to be a great thing.

In honor of that, I have also learned some important things about having a full-time job, and three things stand out most.
  1. Meals are the most important part of the day.
  2. Sleep as much as you possibly can. It will be worth it the next day.
  3. Have a work space that you enjoy, because you'll be spending a lot of time there!
That being said, here are some of my favorite decorations for my office space!

Polka Dot Cereal Bowl, C. Wonder, $12 $8
Recycled Binder, Greenroom, $7
Scroll Frame, C. Wonder, $38 $30
Orange Stapler, Poppin, $14
Apotheke Lotion, West Elm, $24 $15


xo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!