Well, I'm officially a college graduate. My four years at the University of Maryland were unforgettable, but now I'm stuck with the rest of the real world, waiting to see my fate in the job market.
I've had my fair share of internships throughout my college career, so I've done the interview thing. The sending a thank-you note, the following up through email. It can sometimes be hard to decide what to wear to an interview, though!
As something that plagues my everyday life, choosing what to wear each morning can be a struggle. Closet FULL of clothes? Check. Anything you feel like wearing today? Nope. This can be even worse when you're picking an outfit for an interview, which could make or break your chance of getting the job!
My main rules are: solid color, knee-length, and if it has no sleeves (it should never have spaghetti straps!), wear a sweater or blazer. And you can never go wrong with a classic sheath dress. You want them focused on YOU, not your clothing! If you pick a brighter color, make sure to go with classic black pumps (I like to stay below three inches) to keep the look conservative.
Here are some of my favorite picks for interviews!
![]() |
| Factory V-neck Sheath Dress, J.Crew Factory, |
![]() |
| BR Monogram Tulip Dress, Banana Republic, |
![]() |
| Ponte Knit Square-Neck Sheath, Banana Republic, |
And here's a photo of me before a recent interview!
| Merona Dress from Target |
Do you have a go-to interview look?
XOX
Amanda


