Pages

Tuesday, June 4

My latest obsession...

Essie nail polish.

It started as a splurge, as $8.00 isn't exactly inexpensive for a bottle of nail polish. But I quickly discovered that there was a distinct reason why it was more expensive!

For a girl who doesn't get manicures often, I had never thought much about what nail polish I was using. But after using Essie once (my first color was "secret story"), I was sold. Quality over quantity, I always say.


The cute color names didn't help. I now have four different pinks, but they all have a special spot in my heart. I started buying colors because, not only were they cute colors, but they also had names that fit in with my life perfectly. "big spender"? Couldn't be more accurate. "snap happy"? As a sorority woman, this couldn't have been more appealing. "cute as a button"? Well if I do say so myself...

My solid collection of colors has only been magnified through Essie's incredible line of base and top coats. Here are two of my favorites:

Fill The Gap! Ridge Smoothing Base Coat, ULTA, $10.00

This stuff is seriously awesome. My nails are really thin and tend to peel. This treatment with nutra-keratin and bamboo extract conceals imperfections and plumps your nails! Now I can feel even better about my painted-at-home nails.

Matte About You Matte Finisher, ULTA, $10.00


Shiny nails are awesome, but I have a whole new respect for matte after using this top coat. After painting your base coat and color, top your nails with this to get a completely matte look in seconds! It seems like magic, how quickly it transforms from shiny to completely smooth.

What's your favorite Essie nail color?
Have you tried any of the other Essie base or top coats?

XOX
Amanda