Who doesn't love adding a little sparkle to their outfit? I love sequins. I know you really can't wear them full-out year-round, so that makes the holidays even more exciting.
Ever since seeing Serena van der Woodsen wearing sequins on a casual date night with Dan Humphrey (I'm actually obsessed with Gossip Girl), I have wanted to do the same. I always feel so dressy in sequins, but I'm on the lookout for more casual dresses and skirts for winter.
Enter the Brigitte Bailey Jade Sequin Dress.
| Brigitte Bailey Jade Sequin Dress, 6pm.com, |
The tank shape makes this dress appear less formal, and the color is muted compared to a brighter gold. I could see myself wearing this with a structured jacket and classic flats to tone down the appearance of the sparkles for work. For a super casual choice, you could wear it with a chambray button-down or chunky sweater over top.
If you're looking for gold sequins, Laundry by Shelli Segal makes a great option that's a little pricier. Wearing leggings under sequin dresses give your outfit a more casual vibe.
| Laundry by Shelli Segal All Over Sequin Tank Dress, 6pm.com, |
A top is another good way to incorporate this eye-grabbing feature into your wardrobe. Many designers have various colors and shapes of sparkly clothing, and they can be easily dressed down with jeans or a simple skirt.
| Calvin Klein Petal Sequin Tank Top, 6pm.com, |
What is your favorite way to wear sequins?
XOX
Amanda