Pages

Wednesday, November 7

Winter already?

I am usually a strictly clearance shopper - I don't like buying things that are full priced because I know it will be on sale at some point or another.  I broke this rule big time with the Snow Cap Quilted Jacket from J.Crew.  

Snow Cap Quilted Jacket, J.Crew, $158
Living in Maryland, the weather is extremely indecisive.  Last winter, we got snow twice and it was very mild.  Two years ago during my sophomore year, we had "Snowmaggedon" where we were trapped inside of my boyfriend's apartment for nearly a week! 

When I was looking at this gorgeous jacket (and its price tag), I was wondering if it would be well worth my money.  Seeing as it was on sale for 25% off, I went for it, and I couldn't be happier. 

It fits perfectly, has good warmth, and will be thin enough to fit under a peacoat if the winter weather decides to hit. I still ended up feeling guilty about the price, but I think it will last for a good long time.

If you aren't looking to spend so much money, Lands End has great outerwear for incredible prices!  

Women's Thin PolarThin Insulator Jacket, Lands End, $79.50 $23.97

With a similar cut to the J.Crew jacket, it is also little on the thin side, which I like.  Puffer jackets can get out of control and make you look like a snowman, but these thinner jackets are perfect for fall and early winter weather.

What items have you decided to splurge on this season?

XOX

Amanda