These days, I am all about comfort. I still appreciate four-inch heels and tight jeans, but those tend to be the exception not the rule. I asked for a new robe for Christmas, appreciated the many pajama pants I received, and can't stop cuddling up under my new faux fur throw. Thankfully there are a million ways to dress up while feeling comfortable, even when you're not able to sit on your couch watching Netflix all day.
1. LEGGINGS UNDER DRESSES
This seems like a no-brainer, but it took a little while to get me there. I have always hated tights (they tend to get a run just minutes after they touch me), but I reluctantly continue buying them when the colder months come, because bare legs in January is not okay. However one day I paired some leggings and black riding boots with one of my dresses and - voila! - I was warm and still looked appropriately business-casual. This also works really well with a great pair of ankle boots.
Leggings: J.Crew $35
2. THE CHUNKY WEDGED HEEL
Gone are the days of stiletto heels; my feet have been spoiled by wedges and very chunky heels, and they may never recover. I really love these Sperry Top-Sider Harlow wedge booties ($120 $96) for a great choice for the season. These won't leave your feet feeling sore after a long day, and they look cute, too!
3. BLANKET SCARVES
These things are incredible. You basically get to wear a blanket all day, keeping you warm and looking chic! Pair one with a long sleeve top and a belt for a tailored look.
Target $17
ASOS $38
4. SWEATER DRESSES
On the days that you just want to stay in your pajamas as long as possible, try a sweater dress. They are just about as comfortable, and they're easy to dress up with a statement necklace.
XO
Amanda






No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!