Pages

Wednesday, October 22

Winter bag essentials

The weather has really been giving me a scare lately. Rain? Gusts of wind that will almost blow you over? I think it's safe to say that winter is coming, which is sad to me considering fall weather is flying by so quickly! Before we know it, we won't be able to step out of the house without a coat (remember when it snowed in October last year?). 

Knowing this, the contents of my purse are certain to change with the temperatures. The cool, dry air calls for having some very essential things on hand at all times...



gloves
When the wind is whipping and all you want to do is hold your coffee without your hand falling off, gloves are a must. I love these adorable LAUREN by Ralph Lauren gloves ($58 $46); the leather is gorgeous, but the touch technology fabric lets you use electronics with them on. Genius!

scarf
Okay, this might seem a little excessive (how big is this bag, anyways?), but I think it's always smart to have a scarf with you! You never know when the wind will pick up. I love this Barbour for J.Crew Tattersall Scarf ($70).

hand lotion
Again, I am all about moisturizing during the winter. I love L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream ($12) to keep in my bag for dry skin emergencies.

snack
I swear I'm hungrier when it gets cold. I legitimately go into hibernation mode and go for comfort food and don't look back. Having a snack in your bag is a great way to avoid eating an entire bag of chips; I love Clif Bars! The White Chocolate Macadamia Nut bars ($6 for 6) are like a really yummy cookie that will fill you up.

pocket tissues
There will be a time when your nose is running and won't stop, or you sneeze at an inopportune time. Have these on hand, always. Kleenex (10 for $5) will get the job done.

back-up charger
With freezing roads and dangerous driving conditions, it is always good to have a back-up charger in case of emergency. I have one in my purse year-round; This Triple C iBbost Mini Power Bank ($30 $23) is slim and easy to hide away in a pocket of your purse.

bobby pins
Static WILL get the best of you, and you'll be happy you had some simple bobby pins ($2) to keep everything in place.

lip balm
You will get chapped lips as the days get drier, and there are a ton of great options. You can splurge on Clinique's Superbalm Lip Treatment ($15), or save on Blistex's Lip Medex ($2).

airborne
I try to take this immune support supplement ($15) as often as I can remember come winter. Your body can use the extra boost of vitamins when you're riding the metro and get coughed at or sneezed on at least five times.


XO
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!