Life hasn't been the easiest it has ever been for me lately. Living in an apartment with an approaching end date, struggling through busy days at work, not getting to see my boyfriend as much as I'd like... Just general stress.
But then I saw this really amazing quote from Regina Brett, above. It really hit home with me because while it can be hard to appreciate everything that you have, above all, you have to know that there are people out there struggling more than you could ever imagine, and no situation is ever permanent.
Even though I have my approaching move-out date and I am going to have to commute to the city from home, at least I have an amazing place to live (and a fall-back place to live in my parent's house). While work has been stressful and overall exhausting at times, at least I have a job and am able to support myself. And even though I don't get to see Eric as much as I want to, at least I have a boyfriend that I love so much, that I miss him when I don't get to see him.
The "glass half-full" perspective is really the way to go. It helps me to keep some clarity, know that I will eventually get past the tiny hardships that I encounter, and it makes me available to be a more positive person for others. I think that this general time of stress and worries is temporary; I tend to overthink things (especially big changes) and they make me anxious as I'm waiting for the ball to drop. My goal for the next month is to try to take life one day at a time, enjoy my current situation while I can, and allow myself to get excited while preparing for what's to come!
XO
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!