I couldn't love Friday more. I'm so excited for the weekend ahead, celebrating a friend's birthday in DC, then heading home for some relaxing time (and probably watching football - go Redskins!). Here are some truly positive things that made up my (what feels like an) everlasting week.
making my own coffee
I'm trying really hard to hold strong and stop buying coffee so often! I know it's a lot of money that I'm blowing on it, and I'd much rather have new shoes than store-bought caffeine (as yummy as it is). This is one small step in my money-saving process, and it's an important one! I am making a true effort to spend as little as possible each day... This is a good start.
If you're looking to do the same, definitely look into the Balance My Checkbook FREE - Check Register. It's a simple way to keep track of your purchases, and it is all done manually, so no entering your personal bank information. Just use it like a regular check register, but it's on your phone!
I know I'm totally dreaming looking at this, but I love the shape, and I'm in the market for a new coat! Plus, it changes into a sleek, fitted jacket when you remove the cape. Two coats in one; definitely worth the splurge. However if you're looking for less expensive options...
playing tennis
Now that the weather is bearable, I am getting back into my tennis game with Eric! We used to play a lot more, but I'm definitely a little rusty. Once I get going, though, I think I will be able to remember my skills. I might need some new workout gear from the Lululemon Warehouse Sale to keep me motivated... (Sale ends today!)
festivals in the area
Last weekend, I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival with my family, which was a ton of fun! If you've never heard of it, it is exactly what it sounds like - a huge day filled with people dressed in costume, turkey legs (pictured above!), and jousting. This got me thinking that I should really be seeking out more things like this in my area! My neighborhood just had a festival that I missed out on last month, so I'm looking forward to seeking out a few in the next couple of weeks in the DC area:
OCTOBER 11
OCTOBER 11-12
OCTOBER 18-19
OCTOBER 24-26
XO
Amanda
.jpg)

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!