| Image: Mashable |
Is Emma Watson the coolest girl ever, or what? Not only is she smart, gorgeous and a Harry Potter star (among other great films), but she also gave the most incredible speech on feminism for the UN. I have never been very interested in politics, and I am not extremely informed on global affairs, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the power behind Watson's words.
"I am from Britain and think it is right that as a woman I am paid the same as my male counterparts. I think it is right that I should be able to make decisions about my own body. I think it is right that women be involved on my behalf in the policies and decision-making of my country. I think it is right that socially I am afforded the same respect as men. But sadly I can say that there is no one country in the world where all women can expect to receive these rights."
It's about time somebody said it, and I love her approach; including men and women in the conversation; focusing on equality rather than "man-hating;" using her stardom (and making a bit of a joke around it) to work toward a truly great achievement.
What do you think of her speech?
GET HER LOOK
In honor of the smart, sophisticated lady, here are my favorite looks she's worn, and how you can shop her style!
Emma is wearing Valentino, 2013. (Image: InStyle)
Emma is wearing J. Mendel, 2013. (Image: InStyle)
Emma is wearing Calvin Klein, 2012. (Image: InStyle)
XO
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!