Pages

Monday, May 5

It's the end of the world as we know it

Delta Gamma seniors, 2013!

Graduation is a scary time. Your world is changing, you have no idea what you'll be doing for the next year, and you're a little bit worried about moving back home. There's a lot to consider.

At the same time, it's a whirlwind of excitement. You are no longer a student, you feel ready and eager to enter the workforce, you want to succeed and see what the world can give you, as well as what you can offer the world. It has now been a full year since I graduated from the University of Maryland, and it was a year of ups and downs and everything in between. I took an unpaid internship and gave my summer up for it, I struggled to find a full-time paying job in my industry, I finally landed somewhere that I can truly say I love working, and I will now be moving to Washington, DC... Yikes.

Things can change so much in just a year. You change, you grow, you grow up! (But only barely.) I'm so proud of my friends and family that are graduating from college this semester, and I'm so excited to see where they end up! It is definitely an adventure. That being said, you want to try to get the perfect gift for a recent graduate, and I have some ideas that will help!

NOTECARDS
At some point after you graduate, you have to send notes. It seems like a semi-foreign concept, but it's great to have some nice looking stationery that you can use to send thank-you's or how-are-you's to friends who live far away.

BAG
Entering the working world, you realize how nice it is to have a big bag to keep your computer/agenda/everything in when you take it from home to work.

GLASSWARE
Chances are, most college students don't have any very nice barware. It helps to feel like an adult if you can drink like one with some fancy glasses.

TRAVEL CHARGER
For those days when your email is blowing up from work and you're at 5% battery.

OTHER ACCESSORIES
Every man needs a nice tie with a tie clip in very classic colors, just in case. Whether it be for a job interview or a wedding, it's good to have these on hand. As a woman, I can attest that I love jewelry. A graduation cap Pandora charm is a sweet reminder of your college years, and a set of nice, simple studs can take a girl a long way.
FOR HER
All Wrapped Up Card Set | Kate Spade New York | $25
Bow Tile Small Harmony | Kate Spade New York | $248 $173
USB Phone Charger | Triple C for J.Crew | $40 $30 $21 code SALESALE
Graduation Hat Charm | Pandora | $30
Beads Earrings | Tiffany & Co | $150

FOR HIM
Executive Note Card Set | Mara Mi | $8
Coated Canvas Carryall | Jack Spade | $295 $139
USB Phone Charger | Triple C for J.Crew | $35 $15 $8 code SALESALE
Ribbed Tie Bar | Banana Republic | $39 $20


xo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!