Boo.
As we enter May, we enter with a splash. I know that April showers bring May flowers, but it's always a bummer to see a day wasted by rain. At least the forecast has sun and clear skies in its future!
For today, I will dwell on the weather in the best way possible: shopping for ways to avoid it! I recently fell in love with (and bought) a trench coat from ASOS, and I couldn't be happier. The cut and details are great, and it's a lovely coat for a rainy day. With no hood, it's all about the umbrella for this girl. I have recently come to the realization that I need to stop buying cheap (but adorable) umbrellas, and I should invest in a really good one for the rainy days ahead. I'm going for the ShedRain for J.Crew umbrella, complete with a turned, engraved handle. It comes in navy, a perfectly classic color!
Another thing about rain: you need to keep your feet dry. When it's cold and your feet are wet, it can get pretty miserable. I think that it might be time to splurge on some Hunter boots. They are pricy, but they'll last forever! On top of that, they now have the 'Tour' Packable Rain Boot, which are exactly what they sound like; flexible, thin rubber boots. The thinner the better, in my book! If you're looking for a less expensive alternative, I am also loving the Tretorn Skerry Metallic Rain Boot, which rings in at a much lower price.
This might be taking it a bit far, but patent leather bags are the best in the rain. The water slides right off, and you get to keep your belongings dry! I love the Beacon Court Georgica from Kate Spade New York. For a less expensive version, this Limited Edition Tote from Target is a total steal.
ASOS Trench, $113
Hunter Rain Boots, $140
Target Tote, $33 (below)
xo
Amanda


No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!