This snowy weather is nothing to mess with. Last night after work, I went to see an apartment that I may possible move into (fingers crossed!) that was about a twenty-minute walk from my office. No big deal, right? Wrong!
The wind was whipping, and although I thought I was sufficiently bundled, I was definitely numb by the time I reached my destination. However I survived, I made it there and had the chance to look at a beautiful apartment close to Dupont Circle in DC. The walk back wasn't terrible, and I made it home safe. But this morning, I woke up to a splotchy red face! Turns out my hat didn't quite do the trick, and my exposed skin got a little wind burnt. Ouch. (Time to break out the moisturizer twice daily.)
Other than wearing a ski mask, there isn't really much I can do about that. However I do encourage everyone to stay super warm when they do go out and brave the cold, and bundle up! Better to be too warm than too cold. Check out some pieces that will help ensure you stay cozy, even in the cold.
basketweave hat and mitten set, l.l. bean, $50
facial spray with aloe, herbs & rosewater, mario badescu, $7
aloe moisturizer spf 15, mario badescu, $22
xo
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!