Pages

Tuesday, October 15

Espresso & gold

I usually tend to stick to lighter colors for decorating, but there is definitely something to be said for a great dark espresso wood. I really love how chic it looks, and it gives a very nice feel to a room. My current bedroom set is this color, and I'm looking forward to getting a really nice desk to go with it when I eventually move! 

I think that with this wood, it's important to keep the accessories light so you don't make the room even darker. I like gold to go with this color wood because the vibrant shine that it gives off is a great way to brighten things up. Also, using colors like white or ivory in different places throughout the room will tie the look together well! I'm truly loving the Sugar Paper print I found, as its simplicity and quote add some fun to the look. How do you like this darker wood?


Sugar Paper "Hello Darling" Print $50
Nate Berkus Branch Lamp $60 $36
Apple iMac $1,299
Nate Berkus Decorative Starburst Figural $20
West Elm Willoughby Dining Chair - Raisin $299 $120
Pier 1 Ivory Mother-of-Pearl Vase $100 $90


xo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!