Pages

Monday, June 30

Compromise price, not style

Next week, I head down south to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for two weeks, and I can't wait to relax and have some time to just do nothing. Life has been so hectic lately, from moving into a new apartment, to having a busy time at work. It's going to be a great getaway for me.

Eric and I on our last trip to the Outer Banks – two years ago!

That being said, I have been on a spending hiatus to be a responsible-almost-grown-up and not spend more than I can afford! I plan to hit the outlets in North Carolina and find some great steals, but that isn't stopping me from window shopping in the meantime... and finding less expensive alternatives to the pieces I love!

Here is my dream list of must-buys (and how I could afford something similar in the meantime)!
'small 2 park avenue beau' satchel         
SPEND | Kate Spade New York 'Small 2 Park Avenue Beau' Satchel $428
SAVE | Kate Spade New York '2 Park Avenue Medium Beau' Pouch $168 $100 $75*
*use code MORESALE | extra 25% off ends July 6

Who didn't love this bag the second it came out? I think it's gorgeous, but I can't justify the price tag. That's where the look-a-like pouch comes in! While it may not be the same size, this clutch is perfect to show off the same look of the gorgeous Beau bag at a fraction of the price.


Carrie cami in stripe

SPEND | J.Crew Carrie Cami in Stripe $98 $69*
SAVE | J.Crew Factory Printed Racerback Cami $55 $30
*use code JULY | sale ends July 2

Think you're seeing double? You'd be right. This basic piece that is a necessity for hot summer days is available at the regular J.Crew store on sale right now. However if $70 is a little much for one little tank, you can get a nearly identical piece at the Factory store for less than half the price.

SPEND | Jack Rogers Classic Navajo in Platinum $110
SAVE | Jack Rogers Georgica Thong Jelly in Platinum $68 $59*
*use code FOURTH | sale ends July 6

I absolutely love these classic sandals, and I can't wait to get my hands on a pair; they're adorably simple, and can be dressed up or down! While the originals in leather are gorgeous, a great deal is this pair of jellies with the same brand, same look. 



   
SPEND | Joie Carenza Romper $308 $216
SAVE | J.Crew Factory Scalloped Shift Dress $98 $49

What's not to love about some adorable scallops? Joie has the comfiest pieces, too – but at this price, I stopped in my tracks. Though this shift from J.Crew Factory isn't a romper, it gives the same vibe – I love the scallops and the neckline is equally as flattering! 


xo
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!