Pages

Friday, January 17

You better work

I don't want to call it a new year's resolution, because it isn't. Year-round, I am always trying to better myself. Improve my diet, work out more, sit around less. However right before the new year began (with countless other people), I joined a gym with a friend. And surprisingly enough, I have been sticking to it!

I have been keeping track of my calories and progress with MyFitnessPal (amazing app, if you ask me), which doesn't mean I starve myself, but that I think more before stuffing that extra piece of pizza I'm really not that hungry for into my mouth. To me, it's all about being able to control yourself portion-wise rather than cutting things out completely.


I love potato chips and lasagna and ice cream, and just about everything else that is bad for you, but if I control myself and only have one serving of ice cream and log the nutrition information, I think twice about adding another scoop! And better yet, it's working.

Now that I have been consistently working out and eating better, I think it's time to splurge on some new work out clothing. I have had the same few pairs of running shorts and ratty sports bras for too long. Here are some of my favorite fashionably sporty picks for less!

WR00 Sneakers, New Balance, $110 $62
Versatile Bra, Brooks, $34 $26
Four-Inch SW Rival Short, Nike, $50 $25
Seamless Advantage Bra, Under Armour, $40 $22
Tempo Short, Nike, $30 $15
Hyper-Track Guide Sneakers, North Face, $120 $80




xo

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!